Wednesday, September 16, 2015

I did it my way...

This morning, in my prayers, i was all over the board. I was unable to focus, i have friends who are struggling with a variety of issues and my prayers were full of thoughts and lifting prayers for them. I found myself thinking of all my blessings and then, of all things, i ended up painting my toe nails. I couldn't focus, i couldn't get my thoughts in order, so i just stopped, got out my nail polish and started putting on a lovely color and taking deep breaths. For each toe i polished, i prayed for someone. Since each toe needed several coats, i got through a lot of prayers. In the end, my prayers were done, and my toes looked great, and i was giggling like an idiot. No where does God say you have to kneel down to pray. No where does He say you have to fold your hands and close your eyes and be in a room of total silence. He knows you have a crazy life, he knows your life can get so insane that your prayers end up all over the board. He just wants to hear from you. I know people that pray in the car, that pray while doing their dishes, or fold their laundry. I happen to say my prayers while i was doing my toe nails. My mind was totally focused on God and my friends who are in need, for my friends who are in hospital, who are struggling in marriage, who are in the middle of looking for a job, who are trying to stay sane while raising their kids, who are sick, and are emotionally struggling. I did all my prayers, i prayed for you. And in case you are wondering, my nail color - Forbidden Fudge. I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment