Monday, March 2, 2015

Why "I Love You."

Recently someone asked me why i always say "I love you." 

I always finish my blog posts with it, when i hang up the phone, if i know you, i say it, if you are a stranger (or bill collector) i end with "have a blessed day."   If God puts someone on my heart, i either text or put a comment on facebook, wherever, to let that person i love them and are praying for them.

Why?  well, i do.

simple.

My mother died when i was in my early 20's.  We had a very hard relationship, and didn't speak often.  The night before she died, we spoke and agreed to finally sit down and try to work things out, and set a date for a month later.   I ended the conversation with "i love you, mom."  she responded she loved me too.

She died suddenly of a brain aneurysm the next morning, no warning, no time to say anything else, she was gone. 

I had a lot of regrets of things i didn't say, but in the end, our last moments together were in love.

I also learned a valuable lesson - you never know.  You don't know if you will ever see that person again, something can happen to you, something can happen to them.  

Also, dang it, don't we all need to know someone loves us???  On those days when everything goes wrong, when you think everyone is out to get you, everyone is laughing at you, hurting you, aren't you glad someone out there really truly LOVES you?  Without conditions, or reservations?

If God brought you in my life, He had a reason.   We meet a need for each other, we support each other, we worship together, we see each other in a store, where ever what ever, God wants us together.   I don't argue with Him, i bow and say okay.  I love Him, i love all the gifts He has given me, and i consider those He puts around me a present.

I love The Lord, I love presents...and i love you. 












No comments:

Post a Comment