Friday, March 27, 2015

God got me there.

As many of you know, i strongly believe in the power of prayer. 

At my church, i was honored to be asked to be responsible for the prayer chain, sending out requests via the phone chain.   Before i send them out, i take a minute to pray for the request and for the people receiving it, that they also have a minute to stop in their crazy day and say a few words to Our Father.

When i can't sleep, i say my ABC's.  For each letter, i pray for someone specific.  There have been a few nights when i have gotten through the alphabet several times...the challenge is to find someone else for each letter.

I know the only reason Ben and I are alive today, is because when i was in labor, people were praying for us.

But i don't like asking for prayer. I always think there is someone more in need of HIS attention.  

THAT BEING SAID......

This past week, i have been sick.  And instead of getting better, i was getting sicker.  I am on strong medication, using my nebulizer and yesterday, i could barely move.  I was actually scared, because i was just so miserable.

I could barely get to my phone, but i did and sent out a prayer request.   And i lay back down again.

When i woke...i felt almost human.  Tired, yes, but i could breathe without pain and the cough wasn't wracking my entire being.

I looked at my phone, and i had several messages, friends praying for me.

I was able to get up, sit in my chair in the living room, even eat some dinner.  Today, for the first time in a week, i am working at my desk for the day.

Well Played, Dear Lord.   

I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment