Thursday, March 19, 2015

Okay, i am way different

There comes a time in your life that you realize...wow, i am so different!

Let me start with the basics....i was reading an article about the best and worst movies....and realized i liked a LOT of them on the worst list and the number one movie....did NOTHING for me.  Then there was an article about a stars best and worst movies...and the three on the bottom i OWN, and the three named her best movies, i did not like at all.  I seem to like movies that most people didn't like.  Three Jurassic Park movies, number 2 is said to be the worst - it scared the crap out of me.  My sons laughed their heads off....it is the one that scared me the most.

I haven't seen many of the movies people loved - i have never seen the Titanic, or the Notebook, and several other to die for movies - no happy movies...i don't like unhappy endings (hey, spoiler alert, in titanic, the boat sinks).  I don't like those amazing movies with meaning....give me a big explosion and the hero getting the girl in the end, that makes me happy.

I don't like fish.  Many meats i can only swallow if there is applesauce nearby.  Love tea, don't like coffee.  I love plain boring yogurt, not with fruit, maybe a touch of vanilla, but nothing fancy dancy.

I am always cold.  Winter, spring, summer, fall, i am cold.  I wear socks all the time.  I wear fur lined crocs all the time to keep my toes warm.

I got my wild side at the age of 50.  While most women my age are starting to fall into a happy way of life, satisfied with what they have and what they have done, i have pierced my upper ear, dyed my hair pink and purple, went sledding for the first time and want to go parasailing.  I didn't cut class, or do anything wild as a teenager, so now is MY time!  Luckily, my husband loves his little freaky wife.

Okay, so i am different.

And for a long time, i would've been very upset that i don't match with everyone else.   I would've tried to fit in, i would've tried to squeeze myself in to the mold of the world.  

Now, nah.  I am happy, i have my own mold, God made my mold and it is okay. Because He don't make junk, He made me the way He wants me to be to fill a need on this earth.

I am so happy, cause i am totally different.

Have a unique day!  I love you.  



No comments:

Post a Comment