Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Sledding down a hill....and having fun.

I have always been insecure about trying new things.   I have this incredible fear of being laughed at.   Trying new things means leaving myself open to ridicule, and making a fool of myself.  I have an amazing fear of being laughed at, i had enough of it during my teenage years.

So today, my boys went sledding...and i had my camera as my defense not to go downhill.   I took some amazing pictures, and no one could laugh at me...

Then, as people laughed around me, i decided to give up my fear - and to say the heck of what people think of me - and grabbed a sled.

And i had a blast.

I ended going down the hill multiple times, my sons were laughing WITH me, not at me, and other kids hi-5'd me as i came to a stop at the bottom.

My butt hurts, i had snow down my neck, my hands were freezing, i had snow all over my face - and it was so much fun.

Silly that it took 51 years for me to finally not care what others think of me - and not to worry about making a fool of myself.  While some people looked at me like was crazy as i laughed hysterically flying down the hill, i was having fun. 

I think of so many other things i didn't try, out of fear of looking stupid and shake my head.  In order not to be laughed out, i lost out on a lot of fun.

No more.  

I am going to try it all, and laugh if i mess up, giggle when i succeed and hi-5 my kids when i am done.

I love you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment