Tuesday, September 30, 2014

RIP Jean Riffe

Hi Lord,
Today I had to say goodbye to a lady that has been part of my life for well over a decade, and while driving to the church,  I mentioned to Tim that it seems to be a time in our life where our friends are leaving us.   In one day,  two friends passed away.   On one hand,  I am devastated, on the other hand, I am happy there is no more pain,  they have reached their goal of heaven.   It is hard to cry when I imagine them as cancer free, dancing with their family who have already passed on.
But how long will it be before I don't open my email and expect a joke from jean, or sit down and start writing a letter to Annie?
I found myself paying for friends and classmates.   I lost both my parents years ago,  I have adjusted to the feeling of being an orphan.   Several are now dealing with their parents being ill,  struggling with a variety of health issues. So many are losing the ones closest to them and are struggling with depression,  loss and loneliness.
I don't know who came up with time heals all wounds,  but I found love heals better than time.   My friends love and support healed me.  Knowing I am not alone,  that heals me.  And I pray I can be the for others.
You are never alone.   I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment