Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Good Morning, Lord

Good Morning Lord.

Today, I spent a lot of time praying for kids about to go back to school who are looking at it with dread and fear.  I used to love/hate school.  I loved getting out of the house, away from the issues there, but i hated going to school and dealing with the issues there.  Let's face it, there have always been mean kids and kids who were bullied.
But now, it is so much worse.   There are kids who can't get away anywhere from the bullying day after day.   Kids use text and the internet to attack each other.  Some of our children can't find peace anywhere and so they harm themselves, or kill themselves, hoping to end the pain.
I pray for the kids who eat alone at lunch, who tried to hide their daily pain by covering their faces with a book, hoping no one notices them.  I pray for the kids who take every mean word to heart and believe they are no good and deserve to be picked on all day.
I am praying for the kid who sees no way out and can't find anyone to help them.
I am praying for the child who thinks harming themselves is the way to ease the pain that is building up inside.
And i am asking the Lord to put me in a childs path that is so lost, they need to see someone who will unconditionally love them and help them through the darkness.
I am praying for the bully that is acting out because this is all they see at home...they are picked on and brought down, so they do the same.
Lord, i ask you help me be there, for my own kids when they are down, and other kids who are looking for someone to care for them.  Help our children see they are not alone, there are people who want to be there for them.
Lord, help me be a better mother, friend, companion and helper.  Help me help those that are hurting, the way some helped me, when i had fallen down and couldn't find the strength to stand back up again.  Amen.
I love you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment