Tuesday, May 31, 2016

It's not for me to judge.

So, i was asked my opinion on situation on the Gorilla and the little boy....the gorilla was shot to protect a child...did i blame the mother?   The Zoo?   What did i think about the whole thing.

Well, okay, i'll tell you what i think.

Nothing.

I don't think anyone was to blame.  

It happened.  It's sad, it's tragic....The gorilla was beautiful, the child adorable.

Do i blame the zoo?   Oh my gosh,  don't i feel they should've tried something else, tranqs, shock, anything...how dare they murder that gorilla?   No.  I don't.  The zoo keepers knew that gorilla, they knew what it was capable of and no way no how do i believe they thought "oh, what the heck, let's just kill it, no big deal."  That must have been a horrible moment for them....they had loved and cared for this beautiful animal for a long time, and i'm sure they tried to weight their options and took what they thought was the only option.

Do i blame the mother - the woman who allowed her child to get through the cage, fall 15 feel and to save him, they had to shoot the gorilla?   Isn't she at fault, a horrible neglectful mother?  Okay, confession time....i've lost my children in stores.  I've turned around and the stinkers were gone.  The only reason we had our first dog is because while i was filling out paperwork at the pound, i made the mistake of believing my child was asleep in his stroller.  Nate unbuckled himself from the stroller, got out, went down a hall, i became aware he was gone when i heard huge dogs going nuts...my son was walking past the cages looking for his dream dog.  Oh, and Ben ran off at the beach...and Talina was playing outside one day and i couldn't find her and was screaming for her.   (okay, she had gone back in her room through the back door).  Thinking if i ever lost jenn....can't think of one, but hey, i am a bad mother, so i am sure i did.

It's really bothering me how much mothers feel the need to bash other mothers.   A couple went to dinner together when their newborn was 9 days old....oh my the horrors!  Sadly, they didn't bash the husband, they attacked the woman, but not the father....kudos to him for standing up and saying "if you are going to bash her, you better bash me too."

A woman lost all her baby fat, and she was immediately bashed and attacked as being a horrible role model...fyi, with ben, i never outgrew my clothes, i wore my regular clothes to the hospital and wore them back home again.   Bad me, i know.

Come on....stop.  

Give the zoo credit for putting that baby first and doing what they felt needed to be done.  People who were with that gorilla every day and knew what it was capable of.

Feel with the mom, the pain, the horror, the hell she went through when she saw gorilla grab her son and drag him through the water....and the guilt she feels even now, knowing her baby was almost killed.  And the hell she is dealing with now, being crucified by parents around the world who believe they would NEVER EVER have allowed that to happen.

We all believe we would never ever do what they did.  Because...well, we're like, so totally so much better.

I pray i never go through what the zoo keepers and parents went through.  I pray you never go through it either.

But if you do.  I'll be here for you.

I love you.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment