Tuesday, April 28, 2015

a lesson well learned

I am almost blown away by the news today.   Riots, wars, hate.

On facebook pages, people spitting anger and insults.  Bullying texts.    Angry emails.  Kids hurting each other, name calling.

It's hard not to get sucked in the hate.  Hard not to join in the riots, the fury, the misery.

The political ads, the journalists, the news...it all seems so full of hate for each other.

I spent a lot of time praying about it, a lot of time trying to avoid getting sucked in.

This morning i found myself angry at the kids rioting, hurting each other, hurting innocent shop owners. 

Then thinking back at myself over the past few months, i realized i have been sucked in.  There is a person that drives me OUT of my mind, and i have said i hate her.   There is a person i avoid at all times, i will do anything not to talk to her.

What makes me so different than the people throwing bricks and setting fires?

I begged HIM for forgiveness.   And then i began to think how i can stop this negative way of thinking.

I have always gone by the life lesson that GOD is the artist of every single person on this earth and if i am hating against someone, i am hating against HIM.

I don't hate Him, i love HIM, does that mean i have to love everything about every single person?

I don't believe so.  I am not perfect, there is only one perfect, and that is Jesus Christ.   And i am forgiven.  Forgiven for my sins, for my angry thoughts.

And then i remembered a lesson i learned in college.   While studying education, our professor said we need to treat all kids right.  We can't be mean to a kid just because we don't like them, that we needed to find something about every single person that we like, even if is their eyelashes or their nice hands.

So, i am going to work on that.  No matter how much i don't like someone in my life, God put them there for a reason and i am going to find something about everyone, and start focusing on the good in everyone.

Because i really don't like myself when i am angry and hating.  

I love you.




No comments:

Post a Comment