Friday, August 14, 2020

The Joy of Writing....

 I used to take such joy in writing, after accepting Christ and starting Higher Power, i felt filled with HIM as i wrote. I will never forget the first time i was filled with the spirit, i wrote a full time skit for Higher Power and we used it line by line by line.....it was an amazing feeling. 

The past two years, life has been insane.  Marching Band, college choices, son looking to work, daughters having babies, taking over a crochet/knitting club, gosh, where did all the time go?  

Today Christine Calhoun asked “What Do You Wish You Had More Time To Do?” And i immediately wrote “write.”  I didn’t realize how much i missed writing until just that moment.....and not having a computer made it difficult....let’s face it, writing long paragraphs on an iPhone can get....tedious.   But, i have an iPad, along with a keypad (thanks handsome!) and Christine reminded me i used to have a blog....so.....?

So first i had to find the blog.....yeah....that took some time, but i did find it and was amazed it has been two years since i wrote my thoughts, my prayers, my hopes and my fears.  

No, i don’t think my thoughts are mind blowing, life altering, but i have discovered that my friends appreciate me praying for them and when He gives me a word, it often affects several people.   There are times He puts a name on my heart, and i will reach out to that person.  Or He will give me a message to write down.

Not everyone believes as i do, several might call me a “Jesus Freak,” and i am okay with that.   Others may call me foolish, stupid, or out of my mind.  Others will say they know exactly what i am talking about...i am not trying to change anyone’s mind, or force people to think as i do.   My mind is crazy, i can’t imagine everyone thinking the way i do....it would be a dangerous world.

But the world is a mess right now, and i spend a lot of time praying, a lot of time watching the news (yes, i watch CNN....and MSNBC....and FOX....I want to hear it all.   I want opinions and thoughts, because i believe that makes me a better person.  I won’t tell you who i am voting for, that is private....and i won’t ask you who you voted for.   Honestly, I don’t care.  

I won’t have you bashing my friends opinions either....i ended up ending a long time friendship after a person i thought as a friend bashed someone i had known since first grade and expected me to take their side since we had been friends for so long.   No, again, no bashing.  I am blessed to have friends with s many different opinions, and that makes me a better person.  It isn’t my job to ram my views down anyone’s throat and i won’t have anyone alienating my friends with insults and opinions. 

So yeah, there you have it....let the fun begin.   


Oh boy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment