Wednesday, October 7, 2015

don't second guess

Self doubt sucks. It holds you down, it makes you a prisoner of yourself. Even worse, people around you can encourage it with one word. No matter how many times you tell yourself “I am good, I am worthy, I am a wonderful child of God,” self doubt creeps in and suddenly, all those wonderful words go out the window, leaving you uncomfortable, insecure and unsure. You work on building yourself up again…and it starts all over again….the vicious circle. 
So how do we stop it, how do we stop that self doubt from creating in and destroying all we work so hard to build up.
One verse: “The LORD God formed the man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being” (Genesis 2:7).
God’s breath is in us. His AIR runs through our veins. We are good, we are wonderful, we are fantastic, because we have His breath in us. I believe when a baby is born, brand spanking new, and they take that first gasping breath, it is Gods breath filling their tiny lungs..
And then, during a day of self doubt, I look in the mirror and say to me “I got God’s in me, I am GOOD.”

No comments:

Post a Comment