Monday, April 24, 2017

I'm a missionary

The past week, I've been hearing a lot of being a missionary.  My pastor talked about it, another church is having missions week, seems to be the theme.  

Most people, when you talk about being a missionary, they think of some of the darkest corners of the globe, starving children, people who have never heard of God, no electricity.   Some might consider parts the united states, up in the mountains, or on the back roads....

I have never had the desire to go anywhere, ever.  I have never felt the need to pick up my passport and go off and spread the world of Jesus in Zuid Africa or Bombay, or anywhere.....  

I have always felt very strong about my mission field being right here.  Right where i am, right where i'm standing.

Because I'm doing what He wants me to do in my own backyard.

I pray, i post my prayers for all to see, and because of that, people come to me and ask me to pray with them.

Everything i crochet is filled with prayer, my etsy store is MadeWithPrayer, and that's a promise.

I open my heart and my ears to HIM, when He tells me to pray for someone, i do, and i'll let the person know that He has heard their prayers.   I'll never forget crocheting a rainbow because HE told me to...only to discover a friend was asking Him for an answer...and my rainbow showed her He was listening.

I live by example, and am not ashamed of the gospel, and shout it from the rooftops for all to hear.   I'll tell anyone about my faith, i live it for all to see.

Do i make mistakes..yup.   Do i sin...yup.  Does He forgive me....oh Praise Jesus, yup.

And i'll keep being a missionary right here in my backyard.

I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment